Over at my old blog I’ve been posting Prayer Bulletins for Pilgrims Friends Society, a charity of which I am a Trustee. This post represents the fifth and final one of these, and should signal my commitment to the charity! Please do consider praying for PFS in this season of change, growth and opportunity!
This is our final bulletin – but please do keep on praying and I will do an occasional update.
We praise God for 7 new applications and 11 people hired last week – and we are down to 18 vacancies being advertised. God has answered our prayers and we trust him for the 18!
A few managers have also shared their frustration at the large numbers of people who apply and then don’t respond.
As we close our month of prayer please pray for
- the Lord to direct people to our two care manager vacancies (Shottermill and Evington) and the registered nurse position at Evington.
- E+D from Action Planning who are finalising their work to help identify what we can do to boost recruitment and retention
- All of our home and scheme managers who are now training new recruits
- That we will be spared people who are applying just to keep benefits.
- All of our staff colleagues – giving thanks for them and praying that they will be encouraged in their work and service.
My computer broke last week and I can’t find all the previous bulletins and my list of who specifically we were going to pray for this week. From memory , we haven’t prayed for V and G at Royd Court; D at Dorothea; and J at Florence House. Please do remember them in your prayers this week especially. If I have missed someone out we will extend the prayer month into next week!!
I read Psalm 27 v13 on Saturday with a gentleman I visit in a local care home and it strikes me as relevant:
“I am still confident of this, I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart”.
Thank you for partnering with us through prayer.
Stephen (CEO, Pilgrim Friends Society)